What makes someone a good trader?

Asked by toofasteddie Promote - View in Hive.blog - Audit

The other day I counted the time I spent trading/scalping and the thousands of operations I had done over the years. It is impressive to see how, over time, you are learning, you are changing the strategies and you are optimizing your operation to make it sustainable. Yes, I believe that the key word is "sustainable", and by "sustainable" I don't mean that it has to be 100% winning, but at least that its operation generates more benefits than losses.


Many believe that everything in trading is based on identifying patterns, counting waves, following arithmetic or exponential averages... I would say that this is only 20% of all trading management. The remaining 80% is made up of other subjects, although I believe that at least more than 40% of success as a trader can only be assured by a single discipline, the most important from my point of view.

Tell me, which do you think is the most important?


You need to be logged in to vote for the polls. Click to log in via HiveSigner.

Risk Management (50.0%) 4 / 8
50.0% Complete (success)
Entry and Exit point identification (37.5%) 3 / 8
37.5% Complete (success)
Selection of the best Indicator/Strategy (12.5%) 1 / 8
12.5% Complete (success)

Available Filters

Minimum Reputation
Minimum SP
Minimum account age (Days)
Minimum post count
Result layout Community